Set up automatic messages to students
You’ll be prompted to create automatic messages prior to submitting your course for review. These are optional welcome and congratulations messages that’ll encourage the students to engage with the content of your course. In this article, we will help you create effective messages for your students.
Before you begin
Remember these important points about both the welcome and congratulation messages for your course:
- Be sure to include your course name in the messages to add some context for the students.
- It is against Udemy guidelines to promote your other courses in any of the automatic messages.
- When creating your automatic messages, be sure not to make them too personalized. Unlike promotional and educational announcements, your students’ names won’t be included in the message.
The welcome message will be sent to the students as soon as they enroll into your course. Use this message to:
- Greet the student and express gratitude for their enrollment
- Share an interesting piece of information about yourself to make the message more personal
- Get the students excited by letting them know what they’ll accomplish with the course
- Encourage participation and let students know that they can ask questions on the discussion board
The students will receive a congratulatory message once they complete your course. Try and include the following:
- Let the students know how proud you are of their accomplishment
- Explain the next steps and highlight the applications of course concepts
- Encourage students to dive deeper into the subject