About the Udemy Instructor Partner Program
The Udemy Instructor Partner Program is an official program for Udemy Business instructors to partner more closely with Udemy and other participating instructors.
The program provides instructors with resources and support to better manage their business operations, advance their business strategies and widen their global impact. It’s an opportunity to grow together while working together for a better Udemy.
Who is eligible for the Instructor Partner Program (IPP)?
In order to qualify for the program, you need:
- High average instructor rating: Have and maintain an average instructor rating of 4.4 or above* (to be reviewed every 6 months)
- Udemy Business impact: 3 or more courses currently included in the Udemy Business collection*
- Content freshness: Actively maintain content. This can take the form of updates to existing courses or launching new courses. It can also mean engaging with your Q&A, adding coding exercises, adding new videos, etc.
- Policy compliance: To be in compliance with our legal terms and Trust and Safety policies
*Qualifications may differ by language market
How can I join the Instructor Partner Program?
Program capacity is extremely limited. Invitations to apply for and join the Instructor Partner Program are sent annually to qualified instructors who meet specific requirements.
What are the benefits of the Instructor Partner Program?
The IPP offers you improved instructor services and a behind-the-scenes view of Udemy to help you do what you do even better:
- Receive priority, expert support from our Instructor Support team to resolve technical issues faster
- Access to exclusive, interactive conversations with Udemy Leadership to learn about corporate strategy insights and for guidance on growing your business
- Participate in exclusive product feedback forums and focus groups to improve the current Instructor-platform usability experience
- Earn priority consideration for exclusive marketing opportunities
- And more!
Is the Instructor Partner Program free?
Yes! This program is free and accessible to all instructors who qualify.
What are the program expectations for participating instructors?
We ask that you dedicate 1 to 2 hours per month to the Instructor Partner Program in addition to making routine updates to your courses. This could include attending backstage or networking events, participating in product feedback sessions, etc. Of course, we welcome you to spend more time with IPP!
Who else is in the Instructor Partner Program now? Can I see a list of instructors who are participating?
We don’t publish a public list of participating instructors at this time.
What is the Udemy Instructor Partner badge and who is eligible to receive one?
The Udemy Instructor Partner badge, visible on select instructor profile pages, recognizes instructors who are active participants in the Instructor Partner Program. To receive an Instructor Partner badge, instructors must be accepted into the IPP and demonstrate active program engagement over a given period of time. Specific details on how to earn a badge are provided to instructors upon acceptance into the program.
My courses haven’t been selected for Udemy Business. How can I have my content reviewed so I can qualify for the IPP?
There is no manual way to submit your courses for Udemy Business review. Our team performs regular updates to identify courses on Udemy.com that meet our baseline criteria and decide if they should be added to the Udemy Business collection. Our dynamic curation model is based on: ratings and reviews to signal quality and relevance, instructor quality based on a demonstrated record of student satisfaction, and global consumer demand in the form of learner data and customer requests.
How do you support instructors who speak languages other than English?
The Instructor Partner Program core services are offered in English. We also provide localized benefits and support in French, Portuguese, and Spanish to help with accessibility, cultural nuances, and market specifics.
Trust and Safety Compliance
If I’ve had a Trust and Safety violation does that make me ineligible?
If you have repeated or otherwise egregious violations you may not be eligible for acceptance into the program. If you are concerned about your standing with Trust and Safety please connect with our [email protected] team.
Are there any other programs available to me?
We currently offer a Community Champions program for instructors who are actively involved in our Instructor Community. Learn more about the program and how to get involved