Over the past year, in both the Udemy community and at Udemy LIVE, we’ve communicated Udemy’s focus around our target student – the Motivated Knowledge Seeker. The Motivated Knowledge Seeker is someone who feels that learning, both personal and professional, is vital to living a happy life. For the MKS, a day without learning something new feels wasted.
As we further grow Udemy’s product and content offerings for the Motivated Knowledge Seeker, we’re also expanding our focus to our next target student: the Job Seeker. The Job Seeker is someone who is learning for professional advancement and who craves tactical skills to help them get a promotion, a new job, or even change careers.
Both the Motivated Knowledge Seeker and the Job Seeker are examples of people who use learning to achieve the lives they imagine for themselves.
Today we’re announcing a test to help us further support the Job Seeker persona. As of November 10, we’re launching a Certification Practice Test Pilot – a limited test of 8 new Practice Test sets, as well as 2 courses that contain practice tests. Here are the details:
- These sets will each consist of 3 practice tests that cover all of the topics certifying bodies are looking for when they administer their certificate exams.
- These practice exams will provide a more robust learning experience for students than our current quiz tool. The exams are timed, and students will see personalized dashboards that break down the questions they answered correctly and incorrectly.
- Each question comes with an explanation at the end of the test to help students avoid making the same mistakes when taking the real exam.
- We’ll also be working with several instructors to add a Practice Test to their existing certification prep course.
You can see an example Practice Test set here and in-product screenshots below (note that we will be pushing out changes to the Course Landing Page of these practice test sets over the next few days).
The first phase of this pilot will run for approximately three months. We’ll evaluate how students engage with the courses that contain the tests, how they consume the Practice Test sets, and whether there is significant interest in new students for learning certification prep on Udemy.
For now, these 2 courses and 8 practice tests will be the initial pilot. As we get more data, we will explore opening up the in-course testing tool and practice tests to more instructors. We will keep you updated on this pilot on the Teach Hub and within the Udemy community. We’re excited to continue to expand the Udemy platform as we support the world in learning anything online.
For additional context, the certifications we’re including in the first phase of the pilot are:
- PMP Exam
- PMI CAPM Exam
- Cisco CCNA R/S (200-125)
- Cisco CCNP Route (300-101)
- Cisco CCENT / ICND1 (100-105)
- CompTIA A+ 220-901
- CompTIA A+ 220-902
- CompTIA Network+ Certification (N10-006)