There are a variety of ways instructors can communicate with each other on Udemy to learn and share best practices. Udemy believes in creating a strong teaching community and actively supports this type of collaboration among instructors.
(For the full Code of Conduct governing our communities, click here.)
- DO ask questions; your fellow instructors are there to help
- DO offer help when you can and friendly advice when asked
- DO be generous but constructive with your feedback
- DO act with the best intentions and assume that your peers are doing the same
- DO be respectful; don’t make it personal or use language that’s rude, aggressive, or hateful, with students, instructors or Udemy employees
- DON’T use the community to promote your Udemy courses or your personal material such as blogs, products, or other forums
- DON’T ask for or post personal information about students
When an instructor is clearly going against the spirit of Udemy policies in an attempt to game the system or if we see a severe negative impact on the student experience (high unsubscribe rates or refund rates) it’ll be considered a violation of our policies.
Escalation Policy: Learn what happens when there is a violation of our policies.