YouTube is a powerful way to promote your Udemy course, regardless of the topic. If you don’t have a YouTube channel, create an account today – it’s free! If you already have a channel, don’t fear, this resource will help you optimize it. Wherever you are on the spectrum, use this guide to outfit your YouTube channel to help you reach and impact more students.
Step 1: Add your instructor coupon codes to your YouTube channel
If you haven’t yet published your course, rather than adding coupon codes to each of these areas on your YouTube channel, you should be adding the link to your landing page created in Task 3 of the challenge.
- Create a few Instructor Coupon Codes for 25% off-50% off: YOUTUBE, YOUTUBE-home, YOUTUBE-pop1, YOUTUBE-pop2, YOUTUBE-video. The reason for this is so that you can track where the most number of sales are coming in from your channel.
- Add the “YOUTUBE-home” discount link to your YouTube channel Home page.
- Add the “YOUTUBE” discount link (e.g. http://udemy.com/90s-karaoke-training/?couponCode=YOUTUBE) to your YouTube channel About page.
- Add the “YOUTUBE-pop1” discount link at the top of the description box for your most popular video.
- Add the “YOUTUBE-pop2” discount link at the top of the description box of your second most popular video.
- Add the “YOUTUBE-video” discount link at the top of the description box of all videos. (Pro Tip: If you have a lot of videos, hire an intern or Virtual Assistant from Fiverr, oDesk, Elance, etc. to add the links for you.)
Step 2: Upload your promo video and 2-3 lecture videos from your course to your YouTube channel
- Upload your Udemy course promo video/trailer to your YouTube channel. Include “[course title]: [instructor discount link]” at the beginning of the description box.
- Upload 2-3 lecture videos to your YouTube channel. Include “[course title]: [instructor discount link]” at the beginning of the description box.
BONUS: See some examples
Here are a few Udemy instructors who have channels where they share content related to their courses. They set a great example and should provide lots of inspiration and direction for you to do the same!
Course Promotional Carnivale
If you completed the steps in this article, then you also just completed the third task in our Carnivale Challenge, and we want to see what you’ve accomplished!
- Share the link to your newly optimized YouTube channel in the Udemy Studio by February 15, and be sure to use the hashtag #Carnivale. In your post, let us know what you added or changed.
- Get feedback from the community and our Instructor Team on your YouTube channel!
- You’re almost done! Now it’s time to move on to Task 5 to create the first email you’ll send your new subscribers.