Udemy offers marketing tools so instructors can market only their Udemy courses to their students. Other than the Bonus Lecture, Udemy instructors are not allowed to market other related products to students.
Udemy offers the following marketing tools:
- Course Landing Page to communicate the value of the course
- Coupons to promote the instructor’s Udemy courses to students outside of the platform
- Promotional Emails to market the instructor’s other Udemy courses to their students
- Bonus Lecture to market other courses and related products to students
These tools are meant to help the instructor engage their audience with their Udemy courses outside of Udemy. They also help students of one course discover other great Udemy courses by the same instructor. They’re not meant for instructors to market courses not created by them or any other products to Udemy students.
Remember, when instructors violate Udemy policies, the whole community loses out on having a common pool of engaged students who want to learn. Students are either driven off the platform or they unsubscribe and disengage from the platform because they feel like they’re being sold to.
What are marketing tools?
- Course Landing Page: The landing page includes the title, subtitle, course summary, instructor bio and course goals. Instructors use this space to help potential students decide whether the course is right for them. Don’t engage in marketing other courses or products to students or provide misleading marketing messages on your course landing page.
- Coupons: These allow instructors to promote their Udemy courses to students on and off the platform. Coupons are allowed only in promotional emails and the bonus lecture. They can’t be used anywhere else on the Udemy platform. Once students enter a course, they expect a safe learning environment where they will not be sold to.
- Promotional Emails: These are used to let students of one course know about other Udemy courses by the same instructor. They’re meant only for you to send to only your students and may only include information about your courses. Don’t take the marketing of other courses by other instructors into your hands, because this will hurt your relationship with students who will mark you (and us!) as spam.
- Bonus Lecture: The last lecture of the course after the concluding lecture is called the Bonus Lecture. Instructors can add a Bonus Lecture to market other Udemy courses and products to students and inform students of material that’s provided beyond the course.
Escalation Policy: Learn what happens when there is a violation of our policies.