Coupons allow instructors to promote their Udemy courses to students on and off the platform. They are allowed only in promotional announcements and Bonus Lecture’s. They can’t be used anywhere else on the Udemy platform. Once students enter a course, they expect a safe learning environment where they will not be “sold” to.
Instructor – Detailed Guidelines
- You may only send coupon codes:
- via Promotional Announcements
- to your own audience via email or social media
- You may post coupon codes in the Group Document of Udemy Studio, but you may not include coupons in the Udemy Studio newsfeed or in the Udemy Faculty Lounge
- You may NOT include coupon codes in any of the following:
- Educational Announcements
- Anywhere on the course landing page
- Course material (excluding bonus lecture)
- Direct Messages to students
- Course Discussions
When an instructor is clearly going against the spirit of Udemy policies in an attempt to game the system or if we see a severe negative impact on the student experience (high unsubscribe rates or refund rates) it’ll be considered a violation of our policies.
Escalation Policy: Learn what happens when there is a violation of our policies.