Educational Announcements, now referred to as “Announcements” are used exclusively for educational content that supplements the course material. While instructors can include links to free, relevant educational content, these messages shouldn’t be used for any kind of marketing or promotions. Learn how top Udemy instructors use Announcements and learn best practices for your announcement subject line.
Instructors – Detailed guidelines
- You may only send four Announcements per course per month to students enrolled in the course.
- You may only include information relevant to your course topic.
- You may include educational external links, as long as it doesn’t require students to provide personal information to you. Linking to reputable third party sites that keep student information secure (e.g., Amazon, or sites that require signing up through Google, Twitter etc.) are allowed. If there’s a link that you’re unsure about using, send us an email at email@example.com, and we’ll be happy to look into it.
- You may not include links or references to other Udemy courses (yours or other instructors).
- You may not include links or references to paid content off Udemy.
- You may not include links or references to any sites that request money or personal information from students.
- You may not include links or references to affiliate links.
- You may not ask for or post personal information about students.
When an instructor is clearly going against the spirit of Udemy policies in an attempt to game the system or if we see a severe negative impact on the student experience (high unsubscribe rates or refund rates) it’ll be considered a violation of our policies.
Escalation Policy: Learn what happens when there is a violation of our policies