The Weekly Roundup is a list of all instructor-relevant updates, announcements, and general news that has taken place in the last week. Check the Teach Hub on Wednesdays to read through the roundup!
News & Updates
Updates to the Course Quality Checklist
We’ve broken a few elements into multiple items to help clarify what quality means for a Udemy course. Take special note that our Structured Teaching attribute now requires you to have an introduction lecture to the course. This resource article does a great job covering what to include in your introduction lecture. Feel free to share your introduction script in the Udemy Studio or the How To Course discussion board for feedback!
- Learning Objectives has been renamed to Course Goals
- Reinforced Learning and Resources has been combined into Practice Activities
Student Satisfaction Analytics
Have you checked out your Student Satisfaction Analytics? Student Satisfaction Analytics provides a wealth of data to help you understand how your course is performing in the marketplace, and how satisfied your students are with your course.
Join us this week in the Faculty Lounge or the How To Create a Udemy Course discussion board for Spring Cleaning – a community campaign designed to help you use Analytics to drive updates and improvements to your course.
From the Community
This week in the community we’re focusing on getting your Udemy course underway! Upload 5 lectures to your draft course by Sunday for a chance to have it featured in an email campaign and win Udemy swag. Follow these directions to participate in the #5lectures Challenge:
- Film 5 Video/Presentation/Mashup lectures this week and pay special attention to your delivery style. This includes the following from the Course Quality Checklist:
- Upload these 5 lecture files to your course by this Sunday (April 19). Lectures that previously existed in the draft course won’t count toward the challenge.
- Fill out this form to let us know you’re participating in the challenge.
If you’re the lucky winner selected from those participating, we’ll include your new course in a promotional campaign to help you gain traction in the marketplace! (Contingent on it being approved). We’ll also choose 4 runner up instructors who’ll receive a Udemy swag pack delivered to their doorstep!
To get some feedback on your instructor delivery, upload one of the lectures as a test video and let us know in the Studio or the How To Course discussion board (remember to use the hashtag #5lectures). We’ll be sending swag to one instructor who shares a test video as well!