Generative AI Tool Beta: Additional Terms
Last Updated: October 24, 2023
- Proper Use. Udemy grants you a non-exclusive right to use the Generative AI Tool (“Tool”) in accordance with our Terms. The Tool enables you to input text (“Inputs”) and receive corresponding outputs (“Outputs”) based on your Inputs. Inputs and Outputs are collectively “Content.” Your usage of the Tool is subject to the following conditions: (i) You must use the Tool in a lawful manner; (ii) comply with all applicable laws; (iii) adhere to the Terms; (iv) ensure that your usage is neither harmful nor offensive in any way; and (v) your use must not infringe, misappropriate, or otherwise violate any of our rights or those of any other person or entity. Use discretion before relying on, publishing, or otherwise using Outputs provided by the Tool.
- Ownership. Udemy does not claim ownership rights in any of the Content. As between you and Udemy, you retain ownership over the Inputs and any Outputs created using the Tool. However, by using the Tool, you grant Udemy a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to: (i) host, reproduce, distribute, communicate, and utilize your Content; and (ii) publish, publicly perform, or publicly display your Content, if you’ve made it visible to others, such as enabling you to share Output with students. You also grant Udemy a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use your Content to develop and improve our Tool.
- Accuracy. Considering our Tool’s Beta status and the probabilistic nature of the machine learning models it employs, it’s important to recognize that using our Tool may lead to inaccurate Outputs. It is your responsibility to assess the appropriateness and accuracy of any Outputs in accordance with your specific use case. You are also responsible for reviewing the Outputs to confirm its accuracy, compliance with relevant laws and regulations, and to ensure that it does not violate the rights of others. Outputs generated by the Tool are presented as suggestions, and the decision to use them remains entirely at your discretion.
- Disclaimer of Similarity. We do not guarantee that the Outputs you create using the Tool will be unique or original. The Tool may generate the same or similar text for other users. It may even generate text that is available in the public domain. Udemy is not responsible for any infringement or violation of rights arising from the use of the Tool.
- Ownership of Feedback. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding the beta or the Tool is entirely voluntary and will be owned solely by Udemy. We will be free to use such feedback, comments, or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.