First things first — Congratulations! You’re about to begin an exciting journey towards becoming a published Udemy instructor, and we’re here to help you every step of the way. At the end of the process you’ll be the proud instructor of a high quality course with the potential to change the lives of students around the world! Sound exciting?
So, what’s a Udemy course?
A Udemy course gives students the opportunity to learn actionable skills that will help them in their career, hobbies, and life. The most engaging Udemy courses use a combination of different teaching styles and formats and incorporate real world examples, quizzes, and projects. These courses incorporate the instructor’s personality, the skills taught, and the structure of the curriculum itself.
What are the benefits of publishing a course on Udemy?
As a Udemy instructor, you receive the following benefits:
- Hosting for your video, audio, and other course files
- Technical support for your students
- Refund and payment processing
- A/B tested and optimized course landing pages
- Access to your course on a mobile app
- Well-designed and developed learning environment for your students
- Course Announcements and Promotional Emails to communicate with your students
And on top of that, you get the benefits of being part of a vibrant marketplace of 15 million students and growing. All these benefits come with your Udemy storefront and make it a no-brainer to create a course and build your community of students on Udemy.
Follow the articles on the lefthand menu for a step by step guide for creating a course. We’ve mapped out every step of your course creation journey.