Introducing Udemy Business insights in the Performance dashboard
Until now, your Performance dashboard has presented insights for all your learners lumped together, no matter if they’re in Udemy Business or the marketplace. For those of you with content in the Udemy Business collection, this hasn’t been terribly helpful when you’re trying to gauge which content is working for those different audiences. So today, we’re pleased to announce a new set of views within the Performance dashboard that allow you to drill down on your Udemy Business performance, along with some general improvements to the overall Performance dashboard:
- Overview: Track big-picture patterns in your Udemy Business enrollments, ratings, and earnings over time. Drill down to a specific course or look at the performance of all your Udemy Business content in one easy view.
- Course Engagement: See how your at-work learners are spending time with your content. Course- and lecture-level reporting let you identify what content is resonating and what might need some love. Daily updates on total minutes consumed can help you estimate your earnings before the month is up.
- Reviews: Identify which ratings and reviews come from Udemy Business learners to get a better sense of learner feedback. Drill down on specific courses to see which course traits Udemy Business learners appreciate, like instructor delivery or opportunities for practice.
- Students: See where in the world your Udemy Business learners come from, what languages they speak, and what other topics they’re learning on Udemy. Check out which other courses they’re enrolling in to help guide your content strategy.
And we’ve made some additional changes that will help all instructors get more out of the Performance dashboard, regardless of inclusion in Udemy Business:
- Device type reporting: We’ve introduced new metrics to the Course Engagement page to let you see the breakdown in device type (mobile vs. desktop) for a given course.
- Load speed improvements: We’ve improved stability and load times for those of you who have a large volume of data to display.
- Longer lookback: Coming soon, you’ll see a longer time range for Course Engagement to let you look at trends year over year, helping you see seasonal effects in your analysis of your performance.
We hope these updates, along with those we made in October, will help you to get both a better look back and and ahead. As always, we want to know what you think. So please let us know, either through the survey in your performance dashboard or in the Instructor Community.