Our Black Friday and Cyber Sale readiness guide
Español | Deutsch | 日本語 | Français | Italiano | Türkçe | Polski | Português | 한국어| 中文(繁體) | Bahasa Indonesia
As we prepare to kick our marketing into full gear for our Black Friday sales and the Cyber Sale that follows it, we want to make sure you and your course content are ready too. After all, it’s the biggest sale of the season, which means we’re bringing more potential learners to courses like yours.
So, while we work on our ads across social media, search engine marketing, and email, here are some things you can do before the buying begins:
For your course content
You don’t have to build a new course from the ground up. Instead you can tinker with the one you have to make it this year’s “must buy” course.
- Update your course – Learners want the latest and greatest, so check to make sure you’re up to date on trends and technology. Record any new lectures that can push it above the competition.
- Update your practice activities – Speaking of updates, how are you helping your learners practice? We hear from learners all the time how much they value these opportunities to really put what they’re learning to work. Making sure activities are up to date can lead to happier learners (and better ratings and reviews)
- Update your course landing page – You’re probably tired of hearing us say this, but your CLP is a big deal both for potential learners and search engines. Make sure it accurately reflects what your course has to offer, particularly if you’ve made updates.
- Make your content accessible – There are many good reasons for making sure your course and its related content can serve those with learning disabilities or other impairments. For one, it opens it up to more potential learners. We have brand new resources on that.
For your ratings and reviews.
Fresh reviews influence what prospective learners buy, so try these methods to get them in advance of the big sales:
- Use your referral links and coupons – Remember, you get 97% of the net revenue when a purchase comes from your own referral link, so use these anywhere you’re promoting your course. Coupons can bring in more learners and in turn get you more reviews.
- Use the bulk coupon creation tool – Back in April, we launched a new tool to make couponing easier. If you need to drive a little extra traffic to your course ahead of the Black Friday Sales, this could be just the thing.
- Attract new learners – Using those links and coupons, you can entice new learners from your own social media network or from online groups you’re a part of (just follow some best practices). Recent reviews are a positive signal to potential buyers, and they can help your rankings.
- Engage your current learners – More positive reviews tend to help future enrollments, so look to engage current learners to come back to your courses with educational announcements. Let them know about any course updates you’ve made. As our Instructor Partner, Phil Ebiner, says:
“Leading up to Black Friday, I want to drive students back to the course (not another platform). This has the effect of increasing engagement with the Udemy course content, which likely leads to more reviews, which as we know leads to a higher course ranking.“
We know, we’ve given you a lot, so focus on what makes the most sense for you. And if you have more questions, have a look at our Black Friday and Cyber Sale FAQ.
The Udemy Instructor Team